Table of Contents Previous Next

December 2016 Texas Medicaid Provider Procedures Manual

Section 1: Provider Enrollment and Responsibilities : 1.6 Provider Responsibilities : 1.6.12 Home Health Providers

To enroll in Texas Medicaid as a provider of home health services, Home Health Services and Home and Community Support Services Agency (HCSSA) providers must complete the Texas Medicaid Provider Enrollment Application. Medicare certification is required for providers that are licensed as a Licensed and Certified Home Health Agency. Providers that are licensed as a Licensed Home Health Agency are not required to enroll in Medicare as a prerequisite to enrollment with Texas Medicaid.
Licensed and Certified Home Health agencies that are enrolled as Medicaid providers can provide personal care services (PCS) using their existing provider identifier. PCS for clients who are 20 years of age and younger will be provided by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) under the PCS benefit.
Refer to:
To provide CCP services, HCSSA providers must follow the enrollment procedures in subsection 5.2, “Enrollment” in the Children’s Services Handbook (Vol. 2, Provider Handbooks).
Providers may download the Texas Medicaid Provider Enrollment Application at or request a paper application form by contacting TMHP directly at 1-800-925-9126.
Providers may also obtain the application by writing to the following address:
Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership
Provider Enrollment
PO Box 200795
Austin, TX 78720-0795
Fax: 1-512-514-4214
Providers may request prior authorization for home health services by contacting:
Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership
Home Health Services
PO Box 202977
Austin, TX 78720-2977
Fax: 1-512-514-4209

Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership
CPT only copyright 2014 American Medical Association. All rights reserved.