Table of Contents Previous Next

December 2016 Texas Medicaid Provider Procedures Manual

Medical and Nursing Specialists, Physicians, and Physician Assistants Handbook : 4 Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) : 4.1 Enrollment

To enroll in Texas Medicaid, a CRNA must be licensed as a registered nurse (RN) and as an APRN by the Texas BON and must be currently certified by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists. An RN under the multistate licensure compact may be licensed in another state but certified as an APRN for the state of Texas by the Texas BON. Texas Medicaid accepts a signed letter of certification from the Texas BON as acceptable documentation of appropriate licensure and certification for enrollment.
Medicare enrollment is a prerequisite for enrollment as a Medicaid provider. A current copy of the provider’s Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists Certificate must be submitted with the Medicaid provider enrollment application.
Providers cannot be enrolled if their license is due to expire within 30 days; a current license must be submitted.

Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership
CPT only copyright 2014 American Medical Association. All rights reserved.