Skip to main content

Pharmacy Services Change of Ownership (CHOW) Interim Process

Last updated on 11/3/2021

Since April 1, 2021, Vendor Drug Program (VDP) pharmacy enrollment operations have been conducted through the Provider Enrollment and Management System (PEMS). PEMS is the single tool for enrollment, reenrollment, revalidation, change of ownership, and maintenance requests (maintaining/updating provider enrollment record information).

Pharmacies should follow the detailed instructions below for a change of ownership for the Texas Vendor Drug Program.

Scenario 1: New Owner/Buyer National Provider Identifier (NPI) is Different Than Previous Owner/Seller NPI

  1. The new owner/buyer and the previous owner/seller complete the Pharmacy Ownership Transfer Affidavit (Form 1332).
  2. The new owner/buyer accesses PEMS and completes an enrollment application (New Enrollment).
    • The new owner uploads the Pharmacy Ownership Transfer Affidavit (Form 1332) as an attachment in PEMS before submitting the enrollment application.
  3. The new owner submits the enrollment application in PEMS.

Scenario 2: New Owner/Buyer Retains NPI of Previous Owner/Seller

  1. If the pharmacy is retaining the existing NPI under a Pharmacy Ownership Transfer (an NPI that has an established Enrollment Record in PEMS):
    • The new owner/buyer and the previous owner/seller complete the Pharmacy Owner Transfer Affidavit (Form 1332).
    • The new owner/buyer submits the Pharmacy Ownership Transfer Affidavit (Form 1332) by fax to TMHP at 512-514-4214.
  2. After Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) Provider Enrollment and Technology processes this information, TMHP Provider Relations will notify the new owner/buyer to complete the following tasks:
    • Create a TMHP User Account for the new owner/buyer, if one is not already established.
    • Complete an enrollment application (New Enrollment to establish New Owner Enrollment Record in PEMS).

For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.