The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) announces Open Enrollment for the following programs:
- Attendant Compensation Rate Enhancement Program for Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) — Direct Service Agency (DSA)
- Day Activity and Health Services (DAHS)
- Deaf-Blind with Multiple Disabilities Waiver (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS)
- Primary Home Care (PHC)
- Residential Care (RC)
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL)
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Related Conditions (ICF/IID)
- Direct Care Staff Enhancement Program for Nursing Facility (NF)
For this state fiscal year (SFY) 2023, enrollment will be open until Aug 1, 2022. Title 1, Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Sections 355.112 and 355.308 states if the last day of open enrollment is on a weekend day, state holiday, or national holiday, the next business day will be considered the last day requests will be accepted. This enrollment pertains only to providers contracted with HHSC as described in 1 TAC Sections 355.112 and 355.308.
Providers contracted directly with a Managed Care Organization (MCO) will continue to enroll for rate enhancement through that MCO. They may not enroll through the process discussed below without a fee-for-service contract with HHSC.
Providers who participate in this optional program receive additional funds to provide increased wages and benefits for attendants or direct care staff. They must comply with enhanced staffing or spending requirements on future cost or accountability reports.
To request participation or an increase in level, complete an online Enrollment Contract Amendment (ECA) by 5:00 p.m. on August 1, 2022. The ECA must be completed online. No faxes, mail, or emails will be accepted. This letter does not include any forms. The ECA, all instructions, and worksheets are available on the HHSC Provider Finance Department Website at: https://pfd.hhs.texas.gov/long-term-services-supports.
Use the following instructions to access these resources:
- Open the Provider Finance Long-term Services & Supports website
- Select the appropriate program;
- Scroll down to the heading “Rate Enhancement – Attendant Compensation” or “Rate Enhancement - Direct Care Staff Compensation” (for Nursing Facility); and
- Click on “View 2023 Rate Enhancement.”
Access the ECA by clicking on “Enrollment Contract Amendment Form” under “Other Documents Important to the 2023 Enrollment Information.”
In the same “Other Documents” section, instructions for completing the ECA are available by clicking on “Enrollment Contract Amendment Instructions.” It is important to review the instructions prior to completing the ECA.
The Open Enrollment Video is available under “View 2023 Rate Enhancement” on the Provider Finance Department website. There are no rate enhancement webinars for fiscal year 2023.
Liability Insurance Rate Add-ons for Nursing Facility only
New to the 2023 Open Enrollment is the ability for Nursing Facilities to verify their Liability Insurance.
Effective May 1, 2022, HHSC adopted amendments to 1 TAC Section 355.312 concerning Reimbursement Setting Methodology--Liability Insurance Costs. The amendment aims to streamline the payment of liability insurance rate add-ons by replacing the current certification requirements with an annual provider attestation.
All NF providers must complete a liability insurance attestation during an open enrollment period between July 1, 2022 and August 1, 2022, to receive liability insurance add-on rates for the upcoming rate year (September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023).
For more information, please visit the Provider Finance website.