The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has formed a nursing facility (NF) change of ownership (CHOW) committee led by the HHSC Medicaid and Regulatory Services divisions. This is an ongoing effort to improve the quality of the NF CHOW process. This committee has:
- Implemented a process where the CHOW of the license and the processing of the new Medicaid contract are conducted in parallel.
- Reduced the number of required contracting forms.
- Reduced the average time to complete an initial review of the licensing CHOW application.
- Decreased the time from licensing application submission to Medicaid contract execution from an average of 192 days in September 2019 to an average of 70 days in April 2020.
- HHSC is creating training for providers related to the NF CHOW process.
- HHSC is updating the Texas Unified Licensure Information Portal to improve the flow through the application process.
HHSC has submitted a TMHP High Level Estimate request related to streamlining the reimbursement process.