Note: Texas Medicaid managed care organizations (MCOs) must provide all medically necessary, Medicaid-covered services to eligible clients. Administrative procedures such as prior authorization, pre-certification, referrals, and claims/encounter data filing may differ from traditional Medicaid (fee-for-service) and from MCO to MCO. Providers should contact the client's specific MCO for details.
The following Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) flexibilities have been extended through October 23, 2020, unless the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ends the public health emergency earlier. If the public health emergency ends earlier, HHSC will provide additional information.
- “Correction to ‘COVID-19 Guidance: Targeted Case Management Through Remote Delivery’”
- “Waiver Extension for DME Certification and Receipt Form”
- “Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Behavioral Health Services”
- “Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Medical Services”
- “FQHC Reimbursement for Telemedicine (Physician-Delivered) and Telehealth (Non-Physician-Delivered) Services”
- “RHC Reimbursement for Telemedicine and Telehealth Services”
- “SHARS Services Provided Through Telemedicine or Telehealth”
- “Claims for Telehealth Service for Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy”
- “Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Early Childhood Intervention Specialized Skills Training”
- “Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Nutritional Counseling Services”
- “Texas Health Steps Checkup Guidance Extended Through July 31, 2020”
For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.