Fee-for-service Medicaid 1915(c) waiver case managers and service coordinators may suspend face-to-face service coordination visits. This is a temporary policy change. It extends through October 23, 2020, unless the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ends the public health emergency earlier. If the public health emergency ends earlier, HHSC will provide more information. This temporary policy applies to:
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services
- Texas Home Living
- Deaf-Blind with Multiple Disabilities
- Home and Community-based Services
- General Revenue Service Coordinators
- Community First Choice Service Coordinators
- Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review Habilitation Coordinators
Case managers, service coordinators, and habilitation coordinators are encouraged to complete visits due through October 23, 2020. These can be done by phone, telehealth or telemedicine.
HHSC will release more guidance as information becomes available.