Information posted April 1, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 disaster, effective March 1, 2020, providers not enrolled with Texas Medicaid or the CSHCN Services Program can expedite the enrollment process by using the Texas Medicaid Health Emergency Enrollment Application.
Providers who apply with the Public Health Emergency Application are automatically enrolled into both Texas Medicaid and the CSHCN Services Program unless they opt out of one as prompted in the application.
Provider Enrollment Instructions
The Texas Medicaid Public Health Emergency Enrollment Application is a limited, temporary enrollment process. Providers who enroll with this application can be reimbursed for Medicaid and CSHCN services rendered from March 1, 2020 through the end of the federally-approved public health emergency.
Important: To remain enrolled after the end of the public health emergency, providers must complete all state and federal mandatory screening requirements.
To apply, providers should:
- Click submit application on the fillable PDF form. This will automatically open an email with a prompt to attach any required documentation (ex. principals and owners).
- Attach all required documentation and send the email. Providers will receive a confirmation email with an application number indicating the application is under review.
To check the status of the application, providers can:
- Send a follow-up to the email address used to submit the application.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Call the TMHP Contact Center at 800 925-9126.
Waived Provider Enrollment Requirements
The following requirements will be waived at the time of enrollment:
- Application fee
- Site visits
- In-state licensure requirement, so long as they have equivalent licensing in another state
- Out of state/border state supporting documentation
- Medicare prerequisites
Helpful Tips for Certain Providers and Provider Groups
Providers licensed outside of the state of Texas
- Providers who maintain a license in good standing in the state where they practice may enroll. Providers do not need to be licensed in Texas to enroll with the Public Health Emergency Application.
Principals and owners
- Providers can submit additional attachments, on company letterhead, to include a list of all the organization’s principals and owners. The following information must be included:
- Owner name
- Federal Tax ID
- Percentage ownership
- Providers who have reactivated their licenses can enroll using their re-enrolling Texas Provider Identifier, within the Existing TPIs field of the application.
Telemedicine and telehealth groups
- Providers can enroll for telemedicine services only and can list a corporate group or address in the application’s “Physical Address Where Health Care is Rendered” field.
Providers Reimbursement through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Providers who enroll using the Public Health Emergency Application will be reimbursed by paper check. For reimbursement by EFT, providers must submit the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Information form. This form is available on the Forms page of TMHP.com.
For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126 or the TMHP-CSHCN Services Program Contact Center at 800-568-2413.