The Medical Transportation Program (MTP), under the direction of HHSC, arranges non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) and travel-related services for eligible Medicaid, Children with Special Healthcare Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and Transportation for Indigent Cancer Patients (TICP) clients who have no other means of transportation to their covered health-care services.
Under contract with HHSC, TMHP is responsible for enrolling certain MTP providers and for processing their claims.
If you are interested in becoming an MTP provider, complete the Medical Transportation Program (MTP) Provider Enrollment Application and submit it to TMHP.
To learn more about the Medical Transportation Program, visit the following websites and resources:
- HHS Medical Transportation Program web page
- MTP computer-based training on the TMHP Learning Management System (LMS)
- Creating an Account for Enrollment Reasons Only
- Registering as an Individual Transportation Participant (ITP)
- 2022 Filing Deadline Calendar
- 2021 Filing Deadline Calendar
- 2020 Filing Deadline Calendar