The Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) helps kids get the services they need to stay healthy, including:
- Dentist visits, cleanings, and fillings
- Eye exams and glasses
- Choice of doctors, regular checkups, and office visits
- Prescription drugs and vaccines
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- Medical supplies, X-rays, and lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
CHIP Perinatal helps uninsured pregnant women who don’t qualify for Medicaid get the services they need, including:
- Prenatal visits
- Prenatal vitamins
- Labor and delivery
- Two postpartum check-ups.
If you want to help keep Texas kids healthy, you can enroll as a CHIP provider through Provider Enrollment on the Portal (PEP).