The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) oversees services provided for family planning preventive health, medical services, counseling services, and educational services. The main objective for the Family Planning Program is to provide an avenue, to qualified individuals, for achieving optimal reproductive and general health. The Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) processes Family Planning claims and encounters for two different funding sources:
- The HHSC Family Planning Program funding for HHSC-contracted providers.
- The Title XIX family planning funding for Texas Medicaid providers.
- HHSC Family Planning Website
- HHSC Family Planning Program Computer-Based Training
- HHSC Healthy Texas Women Website
- Family Planning Clinic Locator
- Family Planning Policy Manual
- Texas Medicaid Provider Procedures Manual (TMPPM) Women’s Health Services Handbook
- TMPPM Gynecological, Obstetrics, and Family Planning Title XIX Services Handbook