Note: The Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has requested that TMHP publish the following information:
The Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is changing how nonemergency medical transportation services are delivered.
Beginning June 1, 2021, clients who have a Medicaid health plan will receive nonemergency medical transportation services through their health plan.
HHSC will continue to provide these services for clients who do not have a Medicaid health plan.
For appointments before June 1, 2021, clients should continue to request transportation as they do today, through one of the following options:
- Clients living in the Houston/Beaumont area should call 855-687-3255.
- Clients living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should call 855-887-3255.
- Clients living anywhere else should call 877-633-8747 (877-MED-TRIP).
For appointments on or after June 1, 2021, to request transportation services:
- Clients with a Medicaid health plan should call their health plan using the phone number on the back of their member identification (ID) card.
- Clients who do not have a Medicaid health plan should request services by calling 877-633-8747 (877-MED-TRIP).
HHSC will host a webinar on April 28, 2021, at 2:00 p.m., to provide information on these changes to individuals enrolled in Medicaid services, providers, and other interested stakeholders.
To register for this webinar, visit bit.ly/2Q63vsE
Refer to the medical transportation services webpage for updates: hhs.texas.gov/services/health/medicaid-chip/programs-services/medical-transportation-program.
For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.