Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) suggests the following best practices to assist Vendor Drug Program (VDP) providers.
Program providers should:
Regularly maintain TMHP User Accounts.
a. Assign at least two administrators.
b. Update user permissions as staff changes occur.
2. Use up to date internet browsers for Provider Enrollment and Management System (PEMS) activities.
Utilize Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to reduce compatibility issues.
Access available resources for help and tips to complete updates faster.
- Routinely review and manage Enrollment Records in PEMS.
- Reduce future deficiencies or deactivation related to outdated information.
- Reduce updates and time needed to complete revalidation applications.
- Ensure information is correct in the Online Provider Lookup (OPL).
- Begin the Revalidation process as early as possible once you receive notice from TMHP.
- Revalidation applications should be submitted as soon as available, 120 days before the end of the enrollment period, so the application can be processed before the enrollment period ends.
- Timely completion of the revalidation process allows actively enrolled providers to extend their enrollment without a gap.
For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.