Fee-for-service Medicaid 1915(c) waiver case managers and service coordinators may suspend face-to-face service coordination visits. This is a temporary policy change. It extends through May 31, 2021. HHSC will provide more information if there are changes. This temporary policy applies to:
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services.
- Texas Home Living.
- Deaf-Blind with Multiple Disabilities.
- Home and Community-based Services.
- General Revenue Service Coordinators.
- Community First Choice Service Coordinators.
- Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review Habilitation Coordinators.
Case managers, service coordinators, and habilitation coordinators are encouraged to complete visits by phone, telehealth, or telemedicine.
Program providers must complete the required background checks for all service providers. They must follow:
- The Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Subchapter D and N.
- HCS and TxHmL Rules,§9.177 (n) and (o), and §9.579 (r) and (s).
- HCS and TxHmL Billing Guidelines (PDF) Section 3400 for service provider qualifications.