The Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD) provider training will be virtual and offered through the Health and Human Services (HHS) Learning Portal.
This online training:
- Provides information about DBMD program policies and operational processes
- Is available 24/7
- Can be completed over many sessions
- Replaces the first two-day part of the in-person DBMD provider training held twice a year in Austin
All new DBMD program provider agency employees must take the DBMD provider training per the Texas Administrative Code Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 42. The code states that agency staff must complete the DBMD program service provider training described in the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Rule Section 42.403(e) and (f) within six months after assuming job duties.
All new DBMD program provider agency employees must:
- Take the DBMD provider training on the HHS Learning Portal
- Receive a certificate when training is complete
- Make all certificates available to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) during on-site reviews to verify compliance
Email DBMD Policy with questions about the DBMD provider training.
Email the Learning Portal Help Desk with any questions or issues about the HHS Learning Portal.