Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) providers, local intellectual and development disability authorities (LIDDAs), and financial management services agencies (FMSAs) billing on behalf of Consumer Directed Services (CDS) employers can submit forms and claims to TMHP with dates of service on or after May 1, 2022.
Active claims in the HHSC Client Assignment and Registration (CARE) system will continue processing, and providers will receive payment as normal for dates of service before May 1, 2022.
For more information about this change, providers can refer to the article “Reminder: HCS and TxHmL Must Submit Claims and Forms to TMHP Beginning May 2, 2022.”
Providers can refer to the following training resources for more information about submitting claims and forms to TMHP:
- Home and Community-Based Services TexMedConnect Claims Submission Webinar
- LTC Online Portal Training for HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs Webinar
- HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Claim Appeals for Medicaid CBT
- Long-Term Care (LTC) Online Portal Basics Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- Long-Term Care (LTC) Online Portal User Guides and Item-by-Item Guides for Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) Waiver Programs
- Long-Term Care (LTC) User Guide for Online Portal Basics, General Information, and Program Resources
- Long-Term Care (LTC) User Guide for TexMedConnect
- Remittance and Status (R&S) Reports for LTC Providers Quick Reference Guide (QRG)
- TexMedConnect for Long-Term Care (LTC) Providers CBT
- TMHP Account Setup for HCS and TxHmL Waiver Programs QRG
- TMHP Claims Video
- TMHP Electronic Visit Verification CBT – Module 6: EVV Claims and Billing
- HHS Learning Portal – Module 6: EVV Claims in the EVV Policy Training for Program Providers and FMSAs CBT
- HCS and TxHmL Best Practices to Avoid EVV Claim Mismatches (PDF)
Note: To access the LMS, users must have an account. Users can register for an account here. New TMHP LMS users can access the Learning Management System (LMS) Registration and Navigation Job Aid for Providers located on the LMS homepage or send an email to TMHP Training Support for support on creating an LMS account or navigating the LMS.
HCS and TxHmL providers are encouraged to sign up for GovDelivery electronic notifications for HHSC news and alerts. Additional articles and announcements for LTC program providers can be found in the “Recent News” section of the LTC homepage.
For additional questions, providers can send an email to email@example.com or contact the TMHP EDI Help Desk at 888-863-3638.