HHSC told managed care organizations to delay compliance oversight reviews for EVV Usage and Misuse of EVV Reason Codes. Evaluation of visit data collected during the grace period ensures the compliance measures continue to align with current EVV policy.
EVV Usage and Misuse of EVV Reason Codes reviews for the compliance grace period ended on August 31, 2020 for:
- EVV visits with September 1, 2019, to August 31, 2020, dates of service.
- Program providers required to use EVV by state law before the Cures Act Implementation identified on pages 3 and 4 of the Programs and Services Required to Use EVV (PDF) document.
- HHSC will notify program providers 90 calendar days before reviews begin for EVV Usage and Misuse of EVV Reason Codes for EVV visits with dates of service on and after September 1, 2020.
- HHSC and MCOs will continue reviews for EVV Landline Phone Verification and Required Free Text.
- Program providers can use the EVV Usage Report, and EVV Reason Code Usage and Free Text Report in the EVV Portal to track these compliance measures.
Program providers can contact their payer or email HHSC EVV with their questions or concerns.