HHSC is lifting the prohibition on service providers of respite and CFC PAS/HAB from living in the same home as the person receiving Home and Community-based Services and Texas Home Living program services. This provides access to needed services for people living in their own or family’s home. A person’s spouse or a minor child’s parent is still prohibited from being a paid service provider of these services due to guidelines found in the following:
- HCS Billing Guidelines (PDF), 4691.7(1), 4660(1) and TxHmL Billing Guidelines (PDF) Section 4660(1), 4691.8(1)
- CFC Billing Guidelines (PDF) Section 3700(a)(1)
This is a temporary policy change. It is effective March 27, 2020, through February 28, 2021.
Program providers must complete the required background checks for all service providers. They must follow:
- The Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Subchapter D and N.
- HCS and TxHmL Rules, §9.177 (n) and (o).
- §9.579 (r) and (s).
- HCS and TxHmL Billing Guidelines (PDF) Section 3400 for service provider qualifications.