HHSC has published IL 2021-10, Guidance on Attendant Orientation Documentation (PDF). This information letter provides guidance on documentation of attendant orientation found in Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Title 40, Chapter 47, Subchapter C, Rule §47.25(d)(1)(E) for:
- Community Attendant Services.
- Primary Home Care.
- Family Care program providers.
The rule requires the supervisor record the attendant orientation on a single document that includes:
- The person’s name and their HHSC assigned number.
- The attendant's name.
- The date of the attendant orientation.
- If the orientation was conducted in-person with the individual or without their participation.
- Information about how the person’s condition affects the performance of tasks.
Email any questions to CCADPolicy@hhsc.state.tx.us.