This article has been updated. For the current information, click here.
Note: Texas Medicaid managed care organizations (MCOs) must provide all medically necessary, Medicaid-covered services to eligible clients. Administrative procedures such as prior authorization, pre-certification, referrals, and claims/encounter data filing may differ from traditional Medicaid (fee-for-service) and from MCO to MCO. Providers should contact the client's specific MCO for details.
The following Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) COVID-19 flexibilities have been extended through August 31, 2021. HHSC will provide more information if there are changes.
- Correction to ‘COVID-19 Guidance: Targeted Case Management Through Remote Delivery’
- Waiver Extension for DME Certification and Receipt Form
- Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Behavioral Health Services
- Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Medical Services
- RHC Reimbursement for Telemedicine and Telehealth Services
- SHARS Services Provided Through Telemedicine or Telehealth
- Claims for Telehealth Service for Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy
- Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Early Childhood Intervention Specialized Skills Training
- Claims for Telephone (Audio-Only) Nutritional Counseling Services
- Texas Health Steps Checkup Guidance Extended Through July 31, 2020
For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.