This alert is being reissued to correct the phone number used to ask for a Mobile Vaccination Team.
Federal COVID-19 Local Fiscal Recovery Funds are being distributed to Texas cities and counties. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) urges long-term care (LTC) providers that need COVID-19 resources to use the following resources:
- Contact your city, county or regional advisory council to find out if resources or funds will be available for health care staffing support, testing services, resident or site assessment, and disinfecting services, because these resources are no longer available through HHSC.
- Call 844-90-TEXAS to ask for a Mobile Vaccination Team to come out to your facility.
- Contact the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to become a COVID-19 vaccinator or to ask for COVID-19 vaccine.
- Reach out to the HHSC Long-term Care Regulation Regional Director in your region to ask for:
- BinaxNow testing kits. Review PL 2020-49 (PDF) for details.
- Health care-associated infection and epidemiological support.
- COVID-19 vaccine. Providers should go through all other options before this one.
LTC providers can now order COVID-19 therapeutics directly.