A new implementation date of March 1, 2022 is planned for the release of forms and claim submissions to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) for Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) program providers, Local Intellectual Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) agencies, and financial management services agencies (FMSAs) billing on behalf of Consumer Directed Services (CDS) employers. Until the transition, HCS and TxHmL providers can continue to use the Client Assignment and Registration (CARE) system for submitting claims and forms.
This new release date will allow the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and TMHP additional time to complete the following actions:
- Implementing critical new functionality for the release
- Executing additional testing to ensure a stable and functional product for the program providers, LIDDAs, and FMSAs
This new release date will also allow more time for program providers, LIDDAs, and FMSAs to prepare for the transition to TMHP, including:
- Activating and setting up accounts for both Claims and Form submission
- Reviewing and completing suggested training that can be found on the TMHP website through the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Working with TMHP as they perform provider outreach to assist in the preparation for the new processes.
TMHP Account Setup
HCS and TxHmL providers are strongly encouraged to continue creating the TMHP accounts necessary for submitting claims and forms to TMHP. HCS and TxHmL program providers, LIDDAs, and FMSAs need to create accounts for both the LTC Online Portal and one of the claim submissions tools to have their claims and forms successfully submitted. As of August 13, 2021:
- Only 31 percent of the population have created administrator accounts for TexMedConnect, which allows for claims submission to TMHP.
- Only 13 percent have created administrator accounts for the LTC Online Portal, which allows for creation of LTC Online Portal user accounts.
- Only 3 percent have created at least one LTC Online Portal user account with the appropriate HCS/TxHmL forms submission permissions granted, which allows for submission of forms to TMHP.
Providers can refer to the article “HCS and TxHmL Programs: Postponement of Claims and Forms Submissions to TMHP; Summer Webinars,” for detailed information and instructions for creating the following accounts:
- TMHP Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- TMHP TexMedConnect
- TMHP Long-Term Care (LTC) Online Portal
- TMHP Learning Management System (LMS)
Providers can also refer to the article “Trading Partner Testing and Claims Submission Practice Now Available for TxHmL and HCS Programs,” for information about completing the EDI account creation process and practicing submitting claims using EDI.
In the time leading up to this transition, providers are encouraged to continue preparing by:
- Keeping claims submissions current in Intellectual Disability Client Assignment and Registration (ID-CARE).
- Submitting Intellectual Disability/Related Condition (ID/RC) and Individual Plan of Care (IPC) renewals in a timely manner.
- Completing Client Assignment and Registration (CARE) data entry.
- Reconciling any errors relating to location exceptions.
Webinars and Training Resources
Information about future HCS and TxHmL webinars, including times and registration information, will be announced in articles on the TMHP website. Providers are encouraged to register for the HCS and TxHmL webinars once registration information is announced. The webinars will include important information for HCS and TxHmL programs and will allow providers to submit questions.
HCS and TxHmL providers are encouraged to refer to the following learning materials as preparation for the webinars and transition to TMHP:
- Long-Term Care (LTC) User Guide for General Information, Online Portal Basics, and Program Resources
- Remittance and Status (R&S) Report for LTC Providers
- TMHP Claims Video
Note: To access the LMS, users must have an account. Users can register for an account on the TMHP Learning page. New TMHP LMS users can access the Learning Management System (LMS) Registration and Navigation Job Aid for Providers located on the LMS homepage or send an email to TMHP Training Support for support on creating an LMS account or navigating the LMS.
HCS and TxHmL providers are encouraged to sign up for Gov Delivery electronic notifications for HHSC news and alerts. Additional articles and announcements for LTC program providers can be found under the “Recent News” section of the LTC homepage.
For help with EDI, contact the TMHP EDI Help Desk at 888-863-3638, option 4.
Email additional questions related to the HCS & TxHmL Forms and Claims Migration Project to HCS_TxHmL_Form_Migration@hhs.texas.gov.