Note: Texas Medicaid managed care organizations (MCOs) must provide all medically necessary, Medicaid-covered services to eligible clients. Administrative procedures such as prior authorization, precertification, referrals, and claims/encounter data filing may differ from traditional Medicaid (fee-for-service) and from MCO to MCO. Providers should contact the client's specific MCO for details.
The Texas Health Steps Quick Reference Guide will be updated. In the Immunizations Administered column, the following procedure codes will be added:
- Meningococcal vaccine procedure code 90619
- Diphtheria vaccine procedure code 90697
- Hepatitis B vaccine procedure codes 90739 and 90759
The following vaccine procedure codes will be removed from the Immunizations Administered column:
- Meningococcal vaccine procedure code 90644
- Human papillomavirus vaccine procedure code 90650
- Meningococcal vaccine procedure code 90733
- Hepatitis B vaccine procedure code 90748
The updated document will be available on the Texas Health Steps web page on September 1, 2022.
For more information, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.