On July 13, 2023, the Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) made improvements to the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Portal and added training materials to the TMHP Learning Management System (LMS).
EVV Portal Updates
The process for onboarding with an EVV proprietary system (PS) has changed. Starting July 13, 2023, program providers and financial management services agencies (FMSAs) that choose to onboard with an EVV PS will submit a PS Request Form in the EVV Portal by using the new left-hand navigation tabs as explained below.
The prior method of onboarding with an EVV PS by submitting a PDF form to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) or to TMHP through email is no longer accepted. The current process of onboarding with a state-approved EVV vendor system remains unchanged with this update.
Note: EVV Portal access is required to submit a PS Request Form. Refer to the TMHP Accessing the EVV Portal for Program Providers and FMSAs job aid for more information.
The following updates were made to the EVV Portal:
- Two left-hand navigation tabs were added:
- PS Request Form
- PS Request Form Management
- The PS Request Form tab in the EVV Portal is the new method for program providers and FMSAs to submit a request form for using an EVV PS. The PS Request Form in the EVV Portal consists of the same fields on the former PDF request form. It automates the onboarding process for TMHP, HHSC, and the program provider or FMSA.
- After a PS Request Form has been submitted from the PS Request Form tab, a PDF with all the entered information and a confirmation number will be displayed and available for download. This confirmation number can then be used to search for the submitted form in the PS Request Form Management tab. This allows EVV Portal users to check their submitted form’s status, such as “Pending Review” or “Completed,” and other useful information.
For questions about the EVV PS Request Form, email EVV_PSO@tmhp.com.
For questions about business rules and requirements, email the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) at EVVPSO@hhs.texas.gov.
For more information on accessing the EVV Portal, the EVV Proprietary System Operator (PSO) onboarding process, and selecting an EVV vendor, refer to these resources:
- Accessing the EVV Portal for Program Providers and FMSAs job aid
- HHSC EVV Proprietary Systems web page
- TMHP EVV Vendors web page
Proprietary System Request Form Job Aids
Two new job aids have been created for the new EVV Portal tabs:
- The Proprietary System Request Form job aid shows how program providers and FMSAs may submit a PS Request Form in the EVV Portal, and it includes descriptions for each field on the form.
- The Proprietary System Request Form Management job aid provides instructions on how to use the PS Request Form Management tab to search for a PS Request Form after it has been submitted.
To access the PS Request Form job aids, use the following steps:
- Log into the TMHP LMS.
- Go to the Resources section and click EVV Job Aids.
- Go to the Proprietary System Onboarding section and click on the applicable job aid.
A username and password are required to access the TMHP LMS. Create an account on the TMHP LMS New User Registration web page.
Email TMHP LMS Support for issues with accessing the LMS.