This article has been updated here.
Federal COVID-19 Local Fiscal Recovery Funds are being distributed to cities and counties throughout Texas. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) urges long-term care (LTC) providers in need of COVID-19 resources to use the following:
- Contact your city, county or regional advisory council to find out if resources or funds will be available for health care staffing support, testing services, resident or site assessment, and disinfecting services as these resources are no longer available through HHSC.
- For mobile COVID-19 vaccination needs, call 844-90-TEXAS to ask for a Mobile Vaccination Team to come out to your facility.
- Contact The Department of State Health Services (DSHS):
- Reach out to the HHSC Long-Term Care Regulation Regional Director in your region to ask for:
- BinaxNow testing kits. Review PL 2020-49 (PDF) for details.
- Health care-associated infection and epidemiological support.
- COVID-19 vaccine. Providers should go through all other options before this one.
LTC providers can now order COVID-19 therapeutics directly.