Family Support Services (FSS) are services that help families take care of Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program clients at home. These services can also help a client be more independent and able to take part in family life and community activities. Family Support Services include:
- Respite (care to relieve a child’s caregiver).
- Caregiver training.
- Special care supports.
- Vehicle modifications (such as wheelchair lifts and hand controls).
- Minor home modifications (such as wheelchair ramps and wider doorways).
- Special equipment and supplies not otherwise covered by the program or other health insurance (such as stair lifts).
- Short-term utility assistance.
- Benefit limitations.
How to Enroll
Providers can enroll, re-enroll, and revalidate with HHSC through the Provider Enrollment and Management System (PEMS). Below are links to assist you in the enrollment process.
- Creating an Account for Enrollment Reasons Only
- PEMS Step-by-Step Guide
- Learning Management System
- LMS Registration and Navigation Job Aid for Providers
For support with PEMS, call the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.